Ministry for Culture and Tourism
General information on tourism - www.visitmozambique.net
Mozambique Air Line - www.lam.co.mz
Mozambique is a great country that makes a big impression on visitors, not only because of its privileged geographical location but also due to the charm and hospitality of its people.
The country is situated on the East Coast of Southern Africa, and its 2500km long coast bordering on the Indian Ocean offers the visitor spectacular scenery with beautiful, crystal- clear water, white sand beaches framed by endless dunes, dark blue or emerald green lagoons, a great diversity of flora and wildlife and a multifaceted culture that is mirrored in the way of life of its people, derived from the marriage of African, Arab, Indian and European heritages.
- South-eastern coast of Africa
- between 10º27´ and 26º52´
- and 30º12´south latitude
- 40º51´ East longitude.
The Bantu people settled in Mozambique about 2,000 years ago, setting up the great Mwenemutapa Empire. By about 900 AD trading links had been forged with India, Persia, and China and above all with the Arab world, with gold being the major lure for the merchants.
Mozambique has always asserted itself as a cultural hub with relevant international interventions in the fields of architecture, painting, music, literature and poetry.
Access from Europe and North America can be via Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lisbon.
- Bazaruto Archipelag, Inhaca, Quirimbas Archipelago, Mozambique Island, The Beaches, Transfrontrier Parks, … And Other Safari OptionsMore
Beira, Mozambique Island (llha de Mocambique),
Ibo Island, Quelimane,
MANDA Community Project Vilanculos,
- Diving in Mozambique, Sand boarding, Flora Enthusiasts, Fishing in Mozambique, Sea Kayaking, Rail Buffs, Other Activities, Water sports, Rock Paintings, Hiking & Climbing, Special Interest Holidays, Tropical Fish, Horse Riding, Bird-Watching, Whale WaMore
- Mozambique has 10 provinces different and complimenting each other, which makes really rich the cultural and climate diversities.More